When South Carolina summers heat up, your air conditioning unit will likely be running for months on end, which can take a toll on your home’s AC system. With regular maintenance, you can often increase your AC unit’s lifespan, but as it nears the end of its service life, your air conditioner may start to lose its efficiency.
Modern AC units have improved significantly over the last 50 years—reducing their energy consumption by an impressive 30 to 50% while still cooling your house to comfortable levels. Even today, you can see energy savings of 20 to 40% when upgrading to a newer, energy-efficient air conditioner.
Why Replace Your Air Conditioner?
You need your air conditioner to output enough cool air to bring your home to a comfortable temperature and moderate indoor humidity levels. The first instinct for many homeowners is to run their old AC unit until it breaks down, but this is never a good idea.
There are a few key indicators that it might be time for an AC replacement, including:
- Inadequate Cooling: If you set your thermostat to 74 degrees, but your AC struggles to meet that temperature on a hot day, or if your air conditioner is cooling your house unevenly with hot and cool spots, it’s time think about replacing it.
- End of It’s Service Life: If your AC is nearing the end of its life, which is around 10 years, it has probably lost much of its original efficiency. Installing a new, energy-efficient model can positively impact your electric bill. Additionally, if you preplan a replacement versus waiting for your old one to die, you’ll significantly reduce the downtime between working AC units.
- Frequent or Costly Repairs: If you find that you have to get your AC repaired regularly, it’s probably time to stop dumping money into it and get a new one.
Air Conditioning Installation & Replacement Services
Cassell Brothers offers air conditioning installation and replacement services in the Midlands region of South Carolina. Our expert and licensed technicians can walk you through the best options when choosing a new air conditioning unit.
Here are a few things that you should consider while choosing your new AC:
- Brand: Cassell Brothers offers a range of brands to choose from. We have everything from affordable budget-minded brands to high-end, incredibly energy-efficient ones. Our team will assist you with selecting the brand that best fits your needs.
- SEER Rating Choice: The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) determines the ratio of cooling output over a cooling season divided by the total energy consumption of the unit. SEER is an industry-standard rating system. The higher the SEER rating, the more efficiency you’ll get from the unit. Our team can assist you in determining how much your energy savings from a SEER rating will save you over time.
- Air Conditioning Sizing: A window unit will not be large enough to cool your whole house. Choosing an AC unit properly sized to cool your home will be crucial in the decision making process. We’ll consider not only your square footage but also your home’s layout, orientation to the sun, insulation, internal heat gain (devices or appliances that output heat inside your home), and more to determine the optimal AC size for your home.
Once we have inspected your home and walked you through the best options, you can decide which model suits you. We offer competitive financing options so that you won’t feel limited in your choice.
Our professionally licensed technicians will pay attention to the details and install your AC correctly. Schedule a new AC installation and replacement in the Midlands region today!
At Cassell Brothers, we understand how important a functioning HVAC system is for your home. This is why we offer seasonal deals and discounts to help you take care of your new purchase, so you can get back to taking care of what matters most to you.
A well-maintained HVAC system can save you from having to invest in costly repairs down the road. Learn more about the priority maintenance services offered by Cassell Brothers Home Services.