3 Ways to Reduce Emergency AC Repairs
As the summer heat continues to ramp up in Columbia, SC, the likelihood of having an air conditioning breakdown also continues to rise. Fortunately, there are certain steps you can take to prevent or reduce the need for emergency AC repairs. Here are a few simple suggestions to help you keep your cooling system running well throughout the summer.
Invest in Regular Maintenance
The best way to reduce the need for AC repair services is to invest in routine maintenance. During your maintenance visit, your technician will perform a number of tasks to optimize your system’s performance and efficiency. Having a professional HVAC technician come out and service your system also gives them the opportunity to check for small issues that could turn into major problems down the line.
Look for Signs of Distress
Pay attention to any warning signs from your system that it’s struggling. Problems with air conditioners only get worse over the course of time. Addressing small issues right away can keep you from having to deal with emergency situations and pay for more costly repairs. Some signs to look for include:
- Odd or excessively loud noises coming from the system
- Strange smells coming from your system or vents
- Reduced airflow or air that isn’t as cool as it should be
- Frequent, short operating cycles
- An unexplained increase in cooling costs
Reduce the Strain on Your AC
There are several steps you as a homeowner can take to reduce the stress and strain on your system. Your air conditioner is far less likely to need repairs if it’s not working harder than it has to. Some examples of things you can do yourself are:
- Keep the outdoor unit clear of dirt and debris
- Make sure air supply vents are open and not obstructed
- Turn the temperature of the thermostat up when you’re gone
- Close your curtains or blinds to block sunlight
Need AC Repairs?
If you’re looking for a quality AC repair service, contact the experts at Cassell Brothers Heating & Cooling. Our NATE-certified technicians will work quickly to get your system up and running as soon as possible. Give us a call today at 803-567-1858.