Storms and power surges can happen when you least expect it. Ensure you and your loved ones are safe by being proactive and having a generator installed in your home. A generator will protect your appliances and electronics from becoming fried and will give you long lasting power in the event of an emergency.
Automatic Standby Generators
An automatic standby generator is a backup electrical system that operates whether you are home or away. Within seconds of an outage, it automatically supplies power directly to your home’s electrical circuit breaker box. After utility power returns, the generator shuts itself off and waits for the next outage. It operates on natural gas or liquid propane gas and sits outside just like a central air conditioning unit.
Automatic Standby Generators Vs. Portable Generators
During a utility power outage, an automatic standby generator provides numerous advantages over a portable generator:
- Provides a safe way to provide backup power to your home
- Protects your home against deadly carbon monoxide poisoning
- Less expensive to run than gasoline and does not need to be refilled
- They start automatically within seconds of a power outage
- Eliminates the need to haul a portable generator outside or run extension cords throughout your home
- They provide protection 24/7, whether you’re home or away
We’d be happy to help you decide which type of generator is right for your needs. Give us a call today to discuss your options.