In South Carolina, a severe storm or hurricane can leave you in the dark.
Worse, it can leave you without heat or air in your home, which can be a serious health hazard to some. Stand up to unpredictable weather and unforeseen outages with the most-trusted name in residential standby power. When the power goes out, your standby generator goes on automatically – protecting you and your home 24/7.
What is an automatic standby generator?
An automatic standby generator is a backup electrical system that operates whether you are home or away. Within seconds of an outage, it automatically supplies power directly to your home’s electrical circuit breaker box. After utility power returns, the generator shuts itself off and waits for the next outage. It operates on natural gas or liquid propane gas and sits outside just like a central air conditioning unit.
Why should I buy an automatic standby generator instead of a portable generator?
During a utility power outage, an automatic standby generator provides numerous advantages over a portable generator:
- The American Red Cross recommends permanently installed standby generators as a safer way to provide backup power to a home than a portable generator.
- With an automatic standby generator properly installed outside, your home is protected from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning that is a much greater risk with portable generators.
- Running on the home’s natural gas or LP fuel supply, it is less expensive to run than gasoline and does not need to be refilled.
- They start automatically within seconds of a power outage and eliminate the need to haul a portable generator outside or run extension cords throughout your home.
- They provide protection 24/7, whether you’re home or away. They turn themselves off when utility power returns, so there is no need to monitor the unit during an outage.
A permanently installed automatic standby generator protects your family and home from damaging, dangerous power outages.
- Hands-free operation
- Quietest operation
- Works if you’re home or away
Home Power Backup Size Calculator
Having the proper power backup in your home in South Carolina is a precaution that should not be overlooked. Call us with any questions you may have about power backup generators. One of our power backup generator technicians will be available to assist you with pricing and generator model selections for your home in South Carolina.